Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Snips and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails

I spent this afternoon in JP's kindergarten class doing my monthly mommy volunteer time. One of my projects was to sit with the kids and help them paint yellow paint onto paper plates. I started with groups of boys. I called them three at a time. MAN--WHAT IS WRONG WITH BOYS??!?!? They were crazy, messy, sloppy, gross, obnoxious, and incredibly silly. Well, there was one boy who was not. But honestly, every single other boy--my dear son included--was like a puppy dog, bumping into everything, drooling all over the place, and leaving a trail of mess behind for someone else to clean up!!!

So, feeling like I was trying to wrangle a yellow paint tornado, I decided to switch to the girls. Without exception, the girls took forever, making sure every centimeter of their paper place was perfectly painted. They were calm, careful, but very, VERY chatty. I had to keep reminding the girls to hurry up, stop talking, and get to it. Sweet girls. We are so very different than our stinky, smelly, messy counter parts!

1 comment:

  1. When we were on our mission we noticed the same thing with the elders and sister missionaries. They just come into the world that way!

    ReplyDelete